Strictly necessary cookies
– These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided.
We categorize the following cookies as strictly necessary:
- Registered Visitor Cookie – A unique identifier given to each registered user, used to recognize them through their visit and when they return to the website (see also Functionality cookies below).
Performance cookies – These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how a website works.
We categorize the following as performance cookies:
- Referrer URL (internal page) – Used to store the URL of the previous page visited. Allows us to track how visitors navigate through our website.
- Referrer URL (external page, including if you click on links on Mastech Digital social media pages). Used to store the URL which refers a visitor to our website so we may understand what URLs are referring visitors to our website.
- URL history – Used to store the page visited by a user before that user submits a form. Also, used to display recently viewed articles to each visitor.
- Unregistered Visitor Cookie – A unique identifier given to each visitor to allow analysis on how unregistered visitors use our website.
- Session management cookies – These cookies allow us to follow the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close their browser window. Our session management cookies are created temporarily. Once you close your browser, our session management cookies are deleted.
Functionality cookies – These cookies allow a website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local information or news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, font and other parts of web pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. They don’t gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or remembering where you’ve been on the internet outside our website.
We categorize the following as functionality cookies:
- Recently viewed pages – Stores pages visited by the user on our website and displays them in right hand navigation for easy reference.
- Search history – Stores searches on our website conducted by the user and displays them for the user in the right hand navigation for easy reference.
Targeting cookies – These cookies are used to: (1) deliver advertisements that are targeted to be relevant to you, (2) limit the number of times you see an advertisement, and (3) help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Quite often they will be linked to website functionality provided by the other organization.
At Mastech Digital we do not have third party advertising on our website but these cookies may be used on third party websites and third parties may use them on our website as follows:
- If you click on a Mastech Digital advertisement on a non-Mastech Digital website, a cookie may be used to log which website you are on, to ensure our advertisements are served effectively and to measure whether our advertisements are viewed.
- We partner with ShareThis on our website. ShareThis is a widget on the website that enables users to share content from the website with others through social media websites such as Facebook and Twitter. ShareThis includes cookies on the website which collect information on how users use the website and associate users with topics of interest, based on the content they share. This data will be used for analytics on the website (creating statistics as to what is most popular and how many people are sharing particular content) and to determine how to target advertising on other external websites. ShareThis may share its analytical data with Mastech Digital. ShareThis does not use personal identifiers of users (such as names and e-mail addresses) for these purposes and identification is solely by an anonymous identifier. For further information about ShareThis, the cookies it uses and how to opt out of ShareThis cookies, please refer to their website [www.sharethis.com/privacy].
- We use reputable third parties to gather and provide us with information about our website and advertising audiences and to deliver targeted advertisements on third party sites. These third parties only use anonymous identifiers and have no way of associating these identifiers with identifiable users.
Some of the cookies we use don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. For example –
- Performance cookies (see above)
- Targeting cookies (see above) where you are not a registered user
In other cases we can associate cookie information (including information from cookies placed via our advertisements on third party sites) with an identifiable individual. For example –
- If a user is a registered user (see Registered Visitor Cookie above)
- If we send you a targeted email which includes web beacons, cookies or similar technologies we will know whether you open, read, or delete the message.
- When you click a link in a marketing e-mail you receive from Mastech Digital, we will also use a cookie to log what pages you view and what content you download from our websites, even if you are not registered at or signed into our site.
Non-cookie tracking technologies – Mastech Digital also employs technologies that perform similar functions to cookies, but that may not respond to browser settings intended for use with cookies. These include personalized URLs (PURLs), web beacons, and other similar technologies.